Three to four weeks waite for disconnect and reconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

If it's over head " Do It Your Self "
It saves all the cordinating of disconnecting - inspection- reconecting.
Even if you are moving the service. You can run a temporary over head.
I never let the lines touch the house,
Even have had the poco recommend me to the home owner.

cadpoint

:cool:
If it's over head " Do It Your Self "
It saves all the cordinating of disconnecting - inspection- reconecting.
Even if you are moving the service. You can run a temporary over head.
I never let the lines touch the house,
Even have had the poco recommend me to the home owner.

Well now pilgram, I can only assume that application would be the local POCO's call.
Now with a disaster that will be different.

Minuteman

If that is what it take, than it's not your fault. Our major poco allows us to move disconnect and reconnect (even did an underground recently). Two other are poco's will not. I have had one that would not allow me to disco/reconn to give me a lineman's cell phone number, and call him when I was ready for reconn. After all, it's their customer too.

mdshunk

wewirepgh said:
allegheny power will fine me
Now hang on a minute. I work under Allegheny for most of my work. When you call in for your work request number to do a service upgrade, the appointment might be a few weeks out. No big deal. Get the first appointment of that day. The lineman will cut you off, ask you what time you want him back for the reconnect, you do your work, and he shows up at the time you earlier arranged with him. By the way, Allegheny snorts and hollars about fines, but they are powerless to actually give you any fine. Been there, done that. If this is an emergency, just tell them any damn thing on the phone to get them out there. The troubleman, when he arrives, doesn't really care what's happening. He's just putting in time.

Minuteman

mdshunk said:
Now hang on a minute. I work under Allegheny for most of my work. When you call in for your work request number to do a service upgrade, the appointment might be a few weeks out. No big deal. Get the first appointment of that day. The lineman will cut you off, ask you what time you want him back for the reconnect, you do your work, and he shows up at the time you earlier arranged with him. By the way, Allegheny snorts and hollars about fines, but they are powerless to actually give you any fine. Been there, done that. If this is an emergency, just tell them any damn thing on the phone to get them out there. The troubleman, when he arrives, doesn't really care what's happening. He's just putting in time.
I knew that there had to be a logical way around this. I cannot imagine a Poco letting their own customer go for weeks without buying electricity.

mdshunk

Minuteman said:
I knew that there had to be a logical way around this. I cannot imagine a Poco letting their own customer go for weeks without buying electricity.
I wonder if the OP is just generally complaining that it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get an appointment. That is somewhat normal, in my experience, for most large PoCo's. No big deal. The people have probably needed an upgrade for years, so waiting a few weeks for the PoCo appointment isn't that earth shattering. They don't make you wait 3 to 4 weeks between the disconnect and the reconnect. That's just silly. They come back out that same day. You just arrange that with the lineman that did the disconnect earlier in the day. If the upgrade is related to some sort of emergency (downed tree ripped service off the house, for instance), then just call it in as such and they're very accommodating. I work under quite a few PoCo's, and they're all pretty much the same in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.