Time Current Curves for Obsolete Fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone know where to find datasheets and time current curves for old Federal Pacific Electric ECN fuses? My company is currently doing an arc flash study for an old building that has some of these fuses in disconnect switches and SKM doesn't have it in their library or their developmental library. There seems to be a lack of information on FPE on the internet. I've been able to find data sheets and tcc's on FPE circuit breakers, but as far as their fuses go, I've been unable to come up with anything. Would anyone know where to look? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ingenieur

Obtain all info from the fpe label
contact a few current fuse mfgs and see if they can cross reference to a current product
should be sufficient for your purpose

Besoeker

Obtain all info from the fpe label
contact a few current fuse mfgs and see if they can cross reference to a current product
should be sufficient for your purpose
That's a possibility but I would also include physical dimensions like mounting hole pitch and size, barrel diameter if round or width if square etc......
Cooper Bussmann might be a good starting point. I had a binder with several hundred sheets and dozens of fuses per sheet. I know we got some equivalents to discontinued Ferraz fuses for example.

Ingenieur

This may help too
http://www.4starelectronics.com/mfgs/Federal-Pacific-Electric-Economy-Fuse-Dv.html

Federal Pacific Electric Economy Fuse Dv Distributor

4 Star Electronics is the industry leader in supplying obsolete Federal Pacific Electric Economy Fuse Dv components. As a ISO 9001:2008 stocking distributor of electronic components you can trust 4 Star to offer you the best prices on Federal Pacific Electric Economy Fuse Dv and the highest level of quality assurance in the industry. Request A Quoteonline by using our easy to use quote form. Just fill out your information once. Upon your next Request For Quote all your contact information will be filled out for you. Also feel free to call us direct at (877) 240-8595.

you can call Federal Pacific or their subsidiary Line Power in Bristol VA
they are still in business
I have tested equip at their facilities

Last edited:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
This thread is being closed as it is 3 yrs old. If you would like to continue the discussion, please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.