Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Unique situation here.

Looking at a job that has 9 phases

Each phase has work on two floors.

The overall job schedule is 3 years.

The area of work on each floor is about 2k sq ft.

It’s a renovation. So complete gut.

It’s lighting and power for us. A basic office space.

The GC is saying he needs about 2 months per phase.

My work is about 3 men for 2 weeks each floor, so 4 weeks for a phase.

I don’t see how we would have men there for the entire duration of every phase?

Wouldn’t we maybe demo/disconnect, leave then come back and rough then install fixtures?

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Without more details it's hard to know for sure, but I would think not gonna be feasible have someone there for the duration

I've done remodel/reno jobs of that size (2k sf) by myself and didn't go there every day.

Depends on ceiling and walls construction, and overall scheduling, too.

You thinking something like week 1 demo, week 3-4 wall rough and above ceiling and week 8 ceiling and wall finish?

Tulsa Electrician

Occupation
Electrician
Most renovations that I work on you need someone most every day since you rarely have a situation where construction in one area or floor of a building does not affect the electrical in another area.
Very true.
The last one I did was 8 floors.
We had to move people around on each floor before the next floor was ready. Then there was night work for floor penetrations. Floor boxes etc. Ours was a bank and the whole first floor was the bank open to the public.

It always seam to take longer than you think by the time HVAC guys get there they will eat into your schedule.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Very true.
The last one I did was 8 floors.
We had to move people around on each floor before the next floor was ready. Then there was night work for floor penetrations. Floor boxes etc. Ours was a bank and the whole first floor was the bank open to the public.

It always seam to take longer than you think by the time HVAC guys get there they will eat into your schedule.
Or You have panelboxes all set, then HVAC or plumbing runs a duct or pipe right thru and in front of panel and you're told if that is a violation of "your code" you move, "our stuff" has to be right there, even though there is clear sky space outside the electrical dedicated space.

Status
Not open for further replies.