Timer Clock with lighting contactor

JonatanM

Occupation
Electrician
Hello, my name is Jonatan
I need some help from you guys i decided to take my first commercial job but im stuck with a contactor wiring with timeclock. Im not sure if i need more then one circuit from the timeclock going to 3 lightning contactors.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
One circuit should be fine for all 3 contactors assuming the coil voltage is the same. One thing you need to know is if the contractors are electrically held or mechanically held. Some mechanically held lighting contractor require to control wires. One to tell the contactor to open and one to tell it to close. Often these must be momentary inputs to the contactor, but some contactors have "clearing" contacts that permit the use of maintained inputs.

JonatanM

Occupation
Electrician
One circuit should be fine for all 3 contactors assuming the coil voltage is the same. One thing you need to know is if the contractors are electrically held or mechanically held. Some mechanically held lighting contractor require to control wires. One to tell the contactor to open and one to tell it to close. Often these must be momentary inputs to the contactor, but some contactors have "clearing" contacts that permit the use of maintained inputs.
Yes the coil voltage is the same and its electrically held

JonatanM

Occupation
Electrician
Hello, my name is Jonatan
I need some help from you guys i decided to take my first commercial job but im stuck with a contactor wiring with timeclock. Im not sure if i need more then one circuit from the timeclock going to 3 lightning contactors.
The lightning contactors , electrically held, 120v coil, 4 pole, 20 amp contacts, Nema 1 enclosure and one of them is a 12 pole contactor
We are supposed to hook up the timeclock with the 3 contactors and a 2 hr override timer switch

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The lightning contactors , electrically held, 120v coil, 4 pole, 20 amp contacts, Nema 1 enclosure and one of them is a 12 pole contactor
We are supposed to hook up the timeclock with the 3 contactors and a 2 hr override timer switch
How is this supposed to function? Time clock on/off, override to change the status of the time clock?