tiny house

gene6

Occupation
Electrician
Greeting Mike and industry experts;
A customer has purchased a 'tiny house' (basically a 300ish sqft 5th wheel (trailer) made to look like a fancy little house.
It came with a L14-30 inlet and a nice heavy duty 10-4 SJOW cord.
I was asked to install a receptacle for it.
So naturally I used a L14-30 receptacle on a 2-pole 30A breaker.

There is other work happening at the residence and so there is a permit that needs to be completed.
The inspector is not one I deal with normally and is holding up the final inspection, saying the install violates several NEC article 552 dot something (Were on 2017).
He left a memo (I have yet to retrieve) at the site and we played phone tag, and said he could email exact sections. He also stated something about the DMV and ANSI A119.5.
It looked good but very DIY/ homemade, probably by a local handyman, but I figured RV's are exempt from code?
The owner is livid at the person that they bought it from, about various other issues, I am hoping to not get too involved.

My guess is the inspector wants either a 30A 120V RV cord or a 50A 4 wire RV cord and matching receptacle.
Probably not a big deal but could also be a can of worms as I would have to bring the cord into the panel in the tiny house..
Anyone have experience with inspectors and these tiny houses? Where does our responsibility begin and end?
I would imagine not as they are kinda a under the radar type of thing but figured I'd ask.
Thank you all

Last edited: