tld38

Status
Not open for further replies.

tld38

I noticed that the 2X4 fixtures we are installing have a plug disconnect at the fixture. So that if you are daisy chaining you can isolate that fixture without affecting others. Is this a requirement as of 2008 NEC? Thanks much!tld38

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
tld38 said:
I noticed that the 2X4 fixtures we are installing have a plug disconnect at the fixture.
Welcome to the Forum. What type of plug? What type of wiring method? i.e. MC ect.

iwire

Staff member
tld38 said:
I noticed that the 2X4 fixtures we are installing have a plug disconnect at the fixture. So that if you are daisy chaining you can isolate that fixture without affecting others. Is this a requirement as of 2008 NEC? Thanks much!tld38

410.130(G) of the 2008 NEC

tld38

tld38

chris kennedy said:
Welcome to the Forum. What type of plug? What type of wiring method? i.e. MC ect.
Wiring method is mc cable. I should have been more specific, It is a quick disconnect fitting inside the access plate in every fixture, an actual stablock device that you connect your hot & neutral too.

480sparky

It's a quick-connect to mate to the building's wiring system. Unfortunately, you probably didn't wire for it, so you got the wrong fixtures.

iwire

Staff member
480sparky said:
It's a quick-connect to mate to the building's wiring system. Unfortunately, you probably didn't wire for it, so you got the wrong fixtures.

No, I don't get that at all, it's just the newly required ballast disconnect

It is a quick disconnect fitting inside the access plate in every fixture, an actual stablock device that you connect your hot & neutral too.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
tld38 said:
Wiring method is mc cable. I should have been more specific, It is a quick disconnect fitting inside the access plate in every fixture, an actual stablock device that you connect your hot & neutral too.

Of course. If your using the 05 it's 410.73(G). Started to be enforced 1/1/08.

480sparky

iwire said:
No, I don't get that at all, it's just the newly required ballast disconnect

I misread it. You're correct. I was thinking the quick connect was on the MC.

Either that, or the fixtures has Wagos pre-installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.