Tombstones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshephard

I've got a customer wanting "tombstones' for outdoor cord and plug equipment (pumps, birdbath heater.)
Does this phrase mean anything to anyone? I'm not familiar with it.

ryan_618

Re: Tombstones?

I am aware of two types of electrical tombstones. (1) is the type at the end of a flourescant fixture that accepts the pins of the tube.

(2) Is the old strange looking floor-boxes that are completly steel and surface mounted.

Hope this helps. Let me know, you've got me curious.

pierre

Like Ryan, the tombstones that I am aware of are the floor receptacles that are above the surface of the floor in metal housing, most often seen in office spaces.

Today they house not only power, but low voltage usage also.

Pierre

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC

Use em all the time in office spaces. As Pierre says, with a partition we put voice and data in them too.
Probably what he's talking about is a Bell box & cover on the end of a piece of pipe sticking out of the ground. Why don't you ask him?

G

ground.jpg

www.hubbell-bell.com

What do you want on your TombStone?

pierre

I tried to insert a picture here but am too tired to figure it out. The picture of the pedestal tombstone can be found at the Hubbell site, product HPWFR80A Pedestal, Double sides, 2-gang.

They are still used in areas of high traffic where physical protection is desired.

Pierre

iwire

Staff member

I could not find the model number that Pierre referenced, but this should be close.

frrtrgy_diagram.JPG

We do not use these to often, most times we feed furniture systems with LFMC from a flush floor box.

Status
Not open for further replies.