Hey all, been a while got a new job w/ the county woo hoo. I am working on a 120/208v and 277/480 wye 3ph 4w trailer mounted generator. It is used to supply temporary power to sewage lift stations. Recently we hooked it up during a power outage and the gen housing gave us a slight tingle. The fella I was with said its been that way for 20 yrs. And they used to carry around a ground rod and show t in the ground. Well I was worried, lol. We closed the gate and when the gate hot the tongue it looked like someone was welding. Anyhow I went back to the shop and said we gotta fix this before someone gets killed. So it was put on me to correct this. I found that the gen is bonded to the trailer frame, neutral is not bonded to the ground, and they were connecting their ground to the neutral lug on the gen and ground at the station. All the stations are 3ph 3w and have a manual xfer sw. To connect the gen during an outage. Anyone have any ideas why the genset casing was "live" and what is the safest way to set this up. I'm thinking just bond neut and gnd at genset. Do you think that will fix the problem?