Trans-sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Have a question about a piece of equipment I have never installed befor.
This trans-sector is a surge protector on steroids. It has 8 single receptacles, each recp. has a dedicated 120v 20amp circ. The branch circ. are landed on a terminal strip in the device. The circ. are ran to the device via 2 3/4'' conduits ( 4 circ. ea). The device also has indicating lights on it to show which recp. is on (hot).
My question is since there is no main disconnecting means to the device are all 8 of the associated breakers requried to tied together?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
My question is since there is no main disconnecting means to the device are all 8 of the associated breakers requried to tied together?
IMO, no... as long as you don't run MWBCs (which wouldn't affect all 8 anyway). I can't back that up with references because I don't believe there are any.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Have a question about a piece of equipment I have never installed befor.
This trans-sector is a surge protector on steroids. It has 8 single receptacles, each recp. has a dedicated 120v 20amp circ. The branch circ. are landed on a terminal strip in the device. The circ. are ran to the device via 2 3/4'' conduits ( 4 circ. ea). The device also has indicating lights on it to show which recp. is on (hot).

No, as smart$ said unless they are wired as mwbc's it's not required.
We've installed hundreds of them in our shelters and have never done that.
Actually it sounds like you may be in one of our shelters.
Is it a pre-manufactured shelter for Motorola or the North Carolina Highway Patrol?

ceb58

No, as smart$ said unless they are wired as mwbc's it's not required.
We've installed hundreds of them in our shelters and have never done that.
Actually it sounds like you may be in one of our shelters.
Is it a pre-manufactured shelter for Motorola or the North Carolina Highway Patrol?

Yes, the latter

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Yes, the latter

Then we probably built it.
PM me if you have any questions or comments.
Look on the door and get the mfgr. name, model# and serial# off of the door label and I can pull the prints and look it over for you if it's ours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.