Transfer circuit fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Could anyone point me in the right direction as far as trouble shooting a LED fault indicator that shows "Transafer Circuit Fault". This is on an emergency lighting battery pack that supplies 12V power to emergency lighting heads. Could this be something like burn't out lamps in the units that are being fed downstream? Nothing in the operating specs for the contoller goes into detail as to what the causes could be. Thanks.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Could anyone point me in the right direction as far as trouble shooting a LED fault indicator that shows "Transafer Circuit Fault". This is on an emergency lighting battery pack that supplies 12V power to emergency lighting heads. Could this be something like burn't out lamps in the units that are being fed downstream? Nothing in the operating specs for the contoller goes into detail as to what the causes could be. Thanks.
Well, just guessing, I would say that maybe the circuit which is supposed to transfer the lamps from AC to the DC battery source is where the problem lies. That could be that the AC voltage does not go away as expected or that DC current does not flow as expected.
Does anything light when on AC? What happens (in terms of light and voltage) when you press the TEST button?
What happens when you disconnect the AC in?

Status
Not open for further replies.