TRIP RELAY BATTERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckman

I have a few digatrip relay that have batteries that were replaced and the status lights still don't light . We are told it is because the circuit breaker is not atleast 20% loaded.
They have 4 other lights [red] on the relay front. Does anyone know if they are fault lights that light when there is a fault. I have press the test and reset buttons on the relay but the lights never came on.

richxtlc

here is a quote from the digitrip 310 instruction manual
"A green status light on the face of the trip unit
indicates the operational status of the trip unit. If
the load current through the circuit breaker exceeds
approximately 20% of the maximum current rating
of the trip unit, the status light will blink on and off
once each second. A blinking status light is an
indication of a properly functioning trip unit. If the
status light is not blinking, the current through the
breakers may be less than 20% of the maximum. If
the current exceeds 20% and the status light is not
blinking, use the STK2 test kit to investigate.
Hope it helps.

zog

I have a few digatrip relay that have batteries that were replaced and the status lights still don't light . We are told it is because the circuit breaker is not atleast 20% loaded.
They have 4 other lights [red] on the relay front. Does anyone know if they are fault lights that light when there is a fault. I have press the test and reset buttons on the relay but the lights never came on.

Yes, you need about 20% load to power the trip units, if you normally don't have 20% loading put in a smaller rating plug or current sensors. The red lights will light up when the trip unit is in pickup for that function and stay on after a trip of that function.

Status
Not open for further replies.