triplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireryan

When running triplex to a 240 panel and then installing a ground rod at this panel would you have to bond the neutral and ground again. It seems to me that if you didnt and you had a ground fault it wouldnt trip the breaker because there is no egc back to the main panel and it would put voltage on the electrode and the bonded panel. I know its been said that you only bond the n and g at the main disconnect. but maybe there is something im not getting here:confused:

fireryan

Yes this would be a sub panel. The reason i ask this is because you see alot of farm with triplex running to barns and running a 240 panel. with the steel cable acting as neutral there is no egc. so there must be just a electrode driven at the panel. Didnt 2008 require the use of quadplex now?

walkerj

Prior to 2008 you could run a three wire and have a ground rod only if there were no other metallic paths between the two buildings. Neutral bonded to ground.

Now four wires are required in addition to the rod. No bonding of ground to neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.