tripping GFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmud

Ran a 12-2 uf wire 20ft to a gazibo powered from a gfi outlet on the side of the house which feeds an outlet and a light. I trenched it and left, the landscapers did all their dirt fill, pavers and plants and whatever in the hell else they did. Went back and deviced out the gazibo and now the GFI won't hold at the house, SO I took out the GFI on the house and wire nutted it together and I have power out there with no short....Am I correct to assume that me tongue lashing the landscaper that he nicked my wire was right? Oh i swaped the GFI to to see if I had a bad one first and it tripped too...

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Ran a 12-2 uf wire 20ft to a gazibo powered from a gfi outlet on the side of the house which feeds an outlet and a light. I trenched it and left, the landscapers did all their dirt fill, pavers and plants and whatever in the hell else they did. Went back and deviced out the gazibo and now the GFI won't hold at the house, SO I took out the GFI on the house and wire nutted it together and I have power out there with no short....Am I correct to assume that me tongue lashing the landscaper that he nicked my wire was right? Oh i swaped the GFI to to see if I had a bad one first and it tripped too...

Did you go to your first outlet in the gazebo and take the wiring apart and turn the
GFI back on to see if it would hold? If it holds the fault is somewhere in the gazebo.
If it doesn't it's bettween the house and the gazebo.

SiddMartin

did you see if the GFI will hold if not in the box? (assuming its a metal box) or maybe a neu is touching when everything is crammed in the box? just a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.