Troube shooting multi voltage T-5 ballasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUWired

I found 14 T-5 fixtures all with power to the ballasts but the ballasts were cold and not working. I find it hard to believe all 14 took a hit. The controller is a switch pack and it was warm and checked out ok. I checked the switch pack and the ballasts with a volt ohm meter. I can't see a back feed from the switch pack creating a false voltage anywhere. Any one else seen this before with t-5 electronics. Other switch pack relays on the same circuit are working fine. Rick

barbeer

I have not had the pleasure of installing or T-shooting T-5 equipment yet, if you run into a wall the manufacturer can be a good resource. They usually have every possible problem on the books or know something about their own product we do not.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Have they ever worked, or is it a new install?

Do you have any info on the switch packs? Model or schematic?

Steve

RUWired

Lights and controller have been in for a year or so. The ballasts got changed out since i posted and all is working. Just strange it took all at once.

RUWired

Yep, i measured hot to neutral hot to the equipment ground, neutral to equipment ground. All checked out.

electricalperson

well somethings weird with T5's if one lamp is out the other lights on the ballast go out too. did you check the lamps? if they are electronic ballasts you can check voltage across each ends of the sockets. the company that makes them should tell you what the proper voltage is

RUWired

well somethings weird with T5's if one lamp is out the other lights on the ballast go out too. did you check the lamps? if they are electronic ballasts you can check voltage across each ends of the sockets. the company that makes them should tell you what the proper voltage is
You might have missed my first post, All the fixtures (14 ea) down stream of the controller had power to the fixtures but none were working and the ballasts were cold in each fixture.(and nobody claims they were working in the area)
Rick

electricalperson

You might have missed my first post, All the fixtures (14 ea) down stream of the controller had power to the fixtures but none were working and the ballasts were cold in each fixture.(and nobody claims they were working in the area)
Rick

did you figure out what the problem was? that is weird that all the ballasts went bad at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.