Trouble Shooting Of Digicon Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiyyagura

We have HSDE DIGICON series 1 control system for our Gas turbine sets of Mitsubishi MF111. We have been experiencing machine trips on Summary I/O expansion board faults. We have changed the digicon twice ,and we have replaced the thermo couples,cjc ,cables connected with the I/O exp.board. Still the machine trips on the same announciation of I/O exp.board fault.
The machine trips some times after running for 12 hrs ,some times after 2 hrs ....

Any suggestions to solve this annoying problem will be extremely helpful.

mxslick

No specific experience with those controls, but....

No specific experience with those controls, but....

Anytime there is a problem with any kind of digital control systems in my line of work, it is almost always due to improper grounding and/or shielding of the control wiring. That would be the first thing I'd look for. Check with the mfg.'s tech support on how to properly terminate and ground control wiring.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

VinceS

Check for a high Frequency source near your control cables

Check for a high Frequency source near your control cables

I have had analog inputs with induced voltage shutdown systems which I have built. This was caused by AC Drive motor wires running parallel to unshielded or poorly shielded wire. I have also had issues with T/C inputs around the radios security made rounds with, again improperly grounded shielding. ( This one was extremely hard to isolate... )

I have heard of certain SCADA systems and industrial wireless networks also causing issues, but never experienced these...

Status
Not open for further replies.