Trying to find a flourscent lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankft2000

I found 2 of these old fixtures in a home today and I was looking for some replacement lamps for them. They look like about the size of a T8 and they are 12" long, but the ends are flat, sorta like the flat side of a battery. Basicly one end of the fixture end is fixed and the other end goes over the lamp end and plugs back into the fixture if that makes any sence. In a nut shell it should be a 12" 40 watt T-8 lamp with no pins circa 1950. Thanks for any insight.

mdshunk

GE-Lumiline-Large.gif

"GE Lumiline light bulbs are an incandescent light source though some people mistakenly believe it to be a fluorescent type. It has a disk end which go into a special socket. Please don't ask about how to get sockets, they aren't made anymore! Philips used to make something called Lumiline II, but those are no longer available. These lamps are used many times in bathrooms where a good skin tone is desired. GE Lumiline light bulbs give off a wonderful light that is very flattering. Something to keep in mind is that they're rated for only 1500 hours average rated life, so when you're not using them, it's best to keep them shut off for a longer usable life. The filament inside GE Lumiline light bulbs are very long which can make them vulnerable to vibration.

- A flattering light for flesh tones.
- Totally dimmable like any incandescent lamp.
- 120 volt standard.
- Length of the 30 watt is 17 3/4 inches.
- Length of the 40 watt is 11 3/4 inches.
- Length of the 60 watt is 17 3/4 inches."

frankft2000

The lamp I was looking for ended up being a L40/W . I thought this was a flourscent light, but after seeing some pictures I found out that the line i saw on the lamp at the home was not a imperfection, but actually the filament. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.