Two buildings in Same Compound

Bukadans

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have this compound of about one and half plot of land hosting two buildings, the first building is completed with proper grounding/earthing done and occupied fully by tenants. Now the second building is still in completion stage; the question now is, do I need a separate grounding/earthing for this second building?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Are you asking if you can connect the second building's service neutral to the grounding electrode system of the first building?

Bukadans

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Are you asking if you can connect the second building's service neutral to the grounding electrode system of the first building?
I am asking to know if it is necessary to carry out entily a separate grounding for the second building since they are more like a twine building.
Note, the first building has thunder spike.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I will need other opinions on this one. I believe that it is not allowed, that the second building needs its own, independent, grounding electrode system. But I can't cite a specific code article to confirm that believe. Anyone want to chime in?

What is a thunder spike?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Is Nigeria's electrical system the same as we use here and would the NEC apply?

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
I will need other opinions on this one. I believe that it is not allowed, that the second building needs its own, independent, grounding electrode system. But I can't cite a specific code article to confirm that believe. Anyone want to chime in?

What is a thunder spike?

Ground rod, maybe?

Bukadans

Occupation
Electrical Engineer

What is a thunder spike?
The lightning arrester placed at the top of the roof.