two pole 20 GFCI breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

enireh

I have a 220 volt heater with thermostat in green house on a 220 outlet with ground wire. The breaker is two pole 20 GFCI and it trips after about five hours of the heater operating

JFletcher

Take an amperage reading from the breakers, make sure this is a dedicated circuit. A 20A 240V breaker is only good for about 3800W of heating load. I wouldnt think condensation would be a problem on a heater that has been running for hours, tho when it's off, it could be a dripping mess. What make/model of heater?

kwired

Electron manager
I have a 220 volt heater with thermostat in green house on a 220 outlet with ground wire. The breaker is two pole 20 GFCI and it trips after about five hours of the heater operating
What have you checked so far?

Is it new or is it something that has been there and just recently started having this problem?

High resistance connection somewhere could take time to develop enough leakage to trip on ground fault, but needs to start all over after cooling down. If that is the case it likely will become more frequent as time goes on and things deteriorate even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.