UFO high Bay Fixture Dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccoop

New User
Occupation
Electrician
Hello, I'm going to be installing 15, 150W UFO high bay fixtures in a large barn. They have 0-10V dimming and I'm wondering what kind of options I have. I couldn't find a product like your normal 0-10v dimmer switches because the lights will pull so much power. Any suggestion are appreciated and if there is a better way to control everything please let me know. I've only had experience with residential work so these are a little new to me.

Buck Parrish

I had they supply house order the dimmer when I ordered the lights. Notably they don't work like a regular dimmer. They do dim it a little, but not much. They don't dim it all the way down.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
All 0-10v wall dimmers I’ve installed have a 10A @ 120v load max for those wondering what the load issue is.

Easiest way is to split them into two groups.

Or you could go with Lutron wireless dimming packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
Get (3) 0-10V dimming powpaks from Lutron. They have an 8A limitation each, but you can pair all of them to a single wireless Pico switch if desired, and have them all function as a single zone. Or of course, you could provide independent zone control by having a Pico per powpak. Also eliminates the need to run pipe/wire down the wall to switch location/s.

Spec Sheet for PowPak
Specific Model# = RMJS-8T-DV-B

ppsh

Occupation
Electrician
You can get away with one Lutron Vive powpak using the internal relay to switch a RIB or contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.