UL 504 Ground Clamp rated for underground burial???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbalsam1

480sparky said:
What's a UL 504? A model/part number?
I've been told that this # (504) is stamped on the ground clamp. The 2001 UL Whitebook states that for direct burial, a DB must be stamped on the clamp. I don't have a newer UL book and can't seem to find this 504 clamp. Thanks.

480sparky

wbalsam1 said:
I've been told that this # (504) is stamped on the ground clamp. The 2001 UL Whitebook states that for direct burial, a DB must be stamped on the clamp. I don't have a newer UL book and can't seem to find this 504 clamp. Thanks.

I googled UL 504 and came up with nothing electrical. Mostly United Airlines flight 504.....

wbalsam1

Pierre C Belarge said:
I have seen many DB type clamps, with the DB imprinted on the clamp. I have yet to see the number 504 on any of those clamps.

Thanks Pierre. I'm beginning to think that the "504" is other than a "UL" #, and probably some manufacturer designation or style number, etc.

For a water-pipe type of clamp used outdoors on the end of a rod, slightly buried, years ago, would this type clamp have been required to have a DB listing? In other words, when did the requirement for listing ground clamps for suitability for direct burial come into effect?

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.