UL Listed Power Supply for Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

synchro

Occupation
EE
The Acopian model W13LT5540 supply on the following pages is UL listed and provides 13V with a +- 1V adjustment range, and can supply 38.8A even at 71 deg C. The lower power W13LT3460 might meet your requirements, but it's probably better to be conservative when you have motor loads.

I don't know what the specific objection your AHJ has to adjustability, but this supply has a very limited adjustment range so I can't see any safety related issue. You can see the blue colored adjustment pot inside of the small vertical slot at the top center of the front panel in the picture below. It could be easily covered to limit access.

Acopian is a well respected US manufacturer who's been around a long time and has a good reputation.

kwired

Electron manager
The Observation Dome (OD) rotates 360 deg using 4 motors. The inspector has cited the NEC saying that the power supply that feeds the motors that rotate the dome have to be listed by a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (UL listed or equivalent). (NEC 725.121.A.2) Class 2 circuit.

This OD uses four (4) motors each rated at 60 Watts/13.5V. The total load the power supply feeds is 240W (4 motors x 60W). Since 240W is over the Power supply maximum nameplate rating for a class 2 circuit per the NEC Chapter 9 Table 11(b), can we consider this a Class 1 circuit and have the manufacturer provide a Class 1 UL listed power supply with over-current protection for a Class 1 circuit as required in NEC 725.43? Would this violate any codes? Any recommendations on a Class 1 UL Listed power supply as far as manufacturers?
Sounds like a power circuit and not a signaling/control circuit to me. Somewhat low power but still is doing actual work instead of signaling/controls

Status
Not open for further replies.