UL Master Label Certificate..Lightning Protection System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Engineer

In order to obtain the UL Master Label, we have to upgrade the entire lightning protection certificate. The owner doesn't want to do it at this time, so the money we put in for just fixing the LPS is all that he wants to spend.

How much will he be returned for not purchasing a master label certificate and not getting the inspection?

jumper

In order to obtain the UL Master Label, we have to upgrade the entire lightning protection certificate. The owner doesn't want to do it at this time, so the money we put in for just fixing the LPS is all that he wants to spend.

How much will he be returned for not purchasing a master label certificate and not getting the inspection?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

Lady Engineer

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

Let me make this a little clearer, sorry....

We will install in air terminals, down conductors, bonding, etc. in order to bring the system up to code. However, the system will not be inspected, therefore we will not obtain the UL Master Label Certificate. We are trying to get a credit from the EC, but before he gives us a breakdown of the credit, I want to have an idea of how much we should get for not getting it inspector and for the master label certificate.

cdslotz

Is the new part of the building that you are installing, physically attached to the existing?
Is there and existing LPS on the existing structure?

cdslotz

Oh I may have read that wrong. It sounds like you are upgrading the LPS on the existing building, but you need to get the system certified.
Usually a ML certification will run $2500-3000 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.