UL508MTR Exam question

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

plcnoop

Occupation
EE
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right part of the forum.

I am having some trouble with a question on the MTR exam with a specific question that's making me think I am not using the correct resource to answer.
I don't expect an answer to the question, obviously. I'm just wondering where to even look for this answer? I have the "UL Standard for Safety for Industrial Control Panels, UL 508A Third Edition, Dated April 24, 2018". I cannot find the answers to this anywhere in the document. I'm searching various terms like "LVLE" "intrinsically" among others and none of them are mentioned.

The question is as follows:

Q - Identify the four products that can be used in a UL Listed panel.

- A component that is not in Table 1 of Requirements for Components used in Industrial Control Panels (formerly Table SA 1.1), but is UL Listed for use in Industrial Control Equipment

- An unlisted component that is described in your procedure

- An unlisted component that is not procedure described, is not installed per Appendix B, or is not in a Class 2 or LVLE circuit

- A Recognized Component that is not in Table 1 of Requirements for Components used in Industrial Control Panels (formerly Table SA 1.1), but installed per Appendix B or in Class 2/LVLE circuits

- An intrinsically Safe Barrier

- A Recognized Component that is not in Table 1 of Requirements for Components used in Industrial Control Panels (formerly Table SA 1.1), but installed per Appendix B or in Class 2/LVLE circuits

- A Recognized Component that is in Table 1 of Requirements for Components used in Industrial Control Panels (formerly Table SA 1.1)

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

plcnoop

Occupation
EE
Intrinsically safe barriers are specifically banned from ul508a panels, mostly. Search on the term barrier.

Yep, I ended up finding this in "REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPONENTS USED IN INDUSTRIAL CONTROL PANELS October 21, 2019".

I must have got the question right because I got a 100% on the section.

I am mostly just a bit confused because some of these questions are not from the main UL 508 booklet. I was under the impression it would be entirely in that document.

Macbeth

Occupation
Automation
Yep, I ended up finding this in "REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPONENTS USED IN INDUSTRIAL CONTROL PANELS October 21, 2019".

I must have got the question right because I got a 100% on the section.

I am mostly just a bit confused because some of these questions are not from the main UL 508 booklet. I was under the impression it would be entirely in that document.
Latest is 2022... your a few years behind