Under/in cabinet lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
For several reasons I prefer line voltage systems, but am looking for suggested methods for low volt;
specifically what size and type of cable from basement located trans. to fixtures, thanks.

Ohms law

For several reasons I prefer line voltage systems, but am looking for suggested methods for low volt;
specifically what size and type of cable from basement located trans. to fixtures, thanks.

I use 14 awg cable on line side and low voltage side. I usually put the transformer on top of the cabinet on a remodel, I do prefer to install transformer in mechanical room.

iwire

Staff member
Keep in mind that unless the power supply is class 2 you must use chapter 3 wiring methods to run through floors and walls.

PetrosA

I use three systems mainly - Ambiance, WAC 24V ProLED and DiodeLED Blaze.

The Ambiance gets wired with 14-2NM from switch to transformer, then either 12-2 or 10-2 NM to the cabinets, where it gets transitioned to the Ambiance cable via a joiner. which size NM depends on the distance from transformer or the load on a given track. Instructions will make that clear.

WAC ProLED and the DiodeLED Blaze gets 14-2 NM to the Class 2 power supply and either 14-2 CL2 or 16-2 CL2 to the cabinets. WAC gets connectors to the strips, DiodeLED gets soldered.

If slab or concrete floors (apartment building) then the transformers go under the sink. Air switches can be your friend to free up a switch location in existing installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.