underground service

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dicklaxt

Here is a consideration I have always been cautioned about.

The pull wire/cable be it metal or fiber can cut thru the PVC sweeps and elbows because of the sidewall pressure and high pulling tensions,so it was recommended that RMC be used then trasistioning back to PVC for the straight runs.

In fact many of the industrial sites have that built into their Electrical Installation Standards.

Something to think about

dick

asmithcms@yahoo.com said:
Comments and/or opinions on the use of PVC conduit as an underground service riser.

Our concern is the use of a weed whacker and the eventual distruction of the conduit intregrity.

Comments and /or opinions on the proper installation of slip joint fittings on underground service risers.

our concern is; should the conduit enter the meter base at the bottom center or at the bottom side. Bottom side would allow for a longer streight run to the top of the box and a 180 degree bend into the top lugs. a bottom center enterence would require to a shorter run to the bottom of the meter base and then two 90 degree bends to get to the top of the meter base..

We use stainless steel for the riser part and PVC underground.

SmithBuilt

480sparky said:
Broken_PVC.jpg

Now you have.​

The interesting part is how low that is damaged. I don't know of any cars that could have done that damage.

In my area the POCO only require sch 40. The POCO normally installs it.

ultramegabob

SmithBuilt said:
The interesting part is how low that is damaged. I don't know of any cars that could have done that damage.

we have snow plows where I live....

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
SmithBuilt said:

I see such damage frequently. It is most likely from a snow plow. I don't have any pics but there is a store near here with 3 inch or so PVC into an LB going into the building that is shattered. For the same reason, the plow drivers hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.