UnderTile Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castrovinci

Hi All,
I have an application in the mall where they will not allow power poles, and due to the config and location core drilling and going into the first floor ceiling and back up to the second floor is cost prohibitive. Does anyone know of any cable where we can bury directly under new tile. Like a heated mat, without the heat. I have heard of a mineral insulated cable, but have never worked with it and it is approved to go under tile? Do you know any restrictions?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I don't think that MI cable is suitable for your application. There's flat conductor cable, Type FCC in Article 324 but that's designed to go under removable carpet squares. You cannot cut/chop a small groove and install a raceway like 1/2" or 3/4" EMT?

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I don't think that MI cable is suitable for your application. There's flat conductor cable, Type FCC in Article 324 but that's designed to go under removable carpet squares. You cannot cut/chop a small groove and install a raceway like 1/2" or 3/4" EMT?

If you put EMT in a groove in the floor, do the cover requirements come into play?

Status
Not open for further replies.