Unistrut wireway for fixture support and wireway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS DETAILER

Are there any exceptions allowing normal and inverter supplied power circuits running the length of this raceway.
The wireway is being used to support normal power and emergency lights. all fixtures are separate and not in a
linear configuration.700.10B. The Foreman says the AHJ is OK with the install.:(

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Are there any exceptions allowing normal and inverter supplied power circuits running the length of this raceway.
The wireway is being used to support normal power and emergency lights. all fixtures are separate and not in a
linear configuration.700.10B. The Foreman says the AHJ is OK with the install.:(

i've ran normal and emergency circuits feeding lights in the
same strut.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
A strut is not a raceway. Maybe a cable tray sometimes. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Actually it is a raceway.
384.2 Definition.
Strut-Type Channel Raceway. A metal raceway that is intended to be mounted to the surface of or suspended from a structure, with associated accessories for the installation of electrical conductors and cables.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Is it listed? :)
Has to be to use it as such.
384.6 Listing Requirements. Strut-type channel raceways,
closure strips, and accessories shall be listed and identified for
such use.
I imagine there is non-slotted strut out there that is not listed for the purpose... and most everyone not involved with the purchase and installation process would have a hard time discerning listed from non-listed, but Code is Code. :angel:

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent

No. A very often violated code section.

Status
Not open for further replies.