Unlimited electrical Florida work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramos47

Occupation
Substation electrician
I have my unlimited electrical license for Florida and haven’t ventured off to do the utility work that I originally planned on yet. Was looking for info on different ways to put my license to work for me?

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Your unlimited license allows you to do any kind of electrical work in Florida. If it's a certified licensed (not a registered license) you can do that work anywhere in the state. Take a look at the state license website. It lists many kinds of electrical licenses, residential, low voltage, high voltage, signs, etc. See what interests you. You are allowed to do any of that. Start your own company, or work for someone else who needs a qualifier.

Being allowed to do work is not the same as qualified to do work. Keep that in mind. I wouldn't do work where you don't know what you're doing. That's where working for someone else comes in handy. Let them teach you the techniques and skills while you qualify them and verify they are code compliant.

Ramos47

Occupation
Substation electrician
Your unlimited license allows you to do any kind of electrical work in Florida. If it's a certified licensed (not a registered license) you can do that work anywhere in the state. Take a look at the state license website. It lists many kinds of electrical licenses, residential, low voltage, high voltage, signs, etc. See what interests you. You are allowed to do any of that. Start your own company, or work for someone else who needs a qualifier.

Being allowed to do work is not the same as qualified to do work. Keep that in mind. I wouldn't do work where you don't know what you're doing. That's where working for someone else comes in handy. Let them teach you the techniques and skills while you qualify them and verify they are code compliant.
Thank you for the info. I’m very knowledgeable in utility substation work and I’ve been doing it for years and my plan is to start my own company doing that but I am still working on contacting the right people too acquire work and while working through that I have heard about the qualifying other business things and figured I’d jump on here and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.