Unlimited/Masters license Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a unlimited EC license here in Florida. Trying to see where i can find how large of service i am allowed to draw and what voltages. Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Doesn't unlimited mean unlimited. In NC unlimited has to do with dollar amounts but I am not sure how Fla. does it.

Unlimited here means unlimited on what size the job is as far as building including fire alarms and low voltage, but only allows us to actual design and draw up to a certain size with out need an engineer

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I have a unlimited EC license here in Florida. Trying to see where i can find how large of service i am allowed to draw and what voltages. Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

While I used to be an Unlimited EC there, it has been many years. Don't hold me to it, but I seem to recall 400 amp residential and 800 amp commercial. But I do remember there being a defined value published somewhere in the FL laws and rules, so the correct answer is out there somewhere.
As a side note, I think I have probably met you or one of your family as I recognize your family name. I grew up just north of you.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I also have an unlimited license. I was told by a Hillsborough County, Florida official that I am allowed to design and sign/seal up to a 400 amp service.

Status
Not open for further replies.