unsafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

phishwi

i was just wondering if any of you guys think it's "our" responsibility to to do something about people of other trades not working safely. I'm on a job right now that has some very high work that is being done. There isn't a general or anything like that. just us and the leg builders.(Elevator Grain Leg) about 140 feet tall. now we (Electricians) wear our harnesses at all times. The problem is, the builders never do. I've seen them many times on the outside of the leg up top with nothing to stop them from falling. They even go from lift to leg with no harness on. Even walking on pitched grain bins with no rails. i could go on and on. So far in my field experience I've seen to falls.(not pretty) I have told some of these guys this, but they don't seem to care. Does a guy call OSHA, or just take care of myself? I just hate to see someone get hurt, or killed.

mdshunk

I really don't see it as my place to be everyone's safety police. If another trade is doing something that could endanger me, however, I will speak up and do whatever it takes. If it's only something that could get themselves hurt, I really couldn't care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.