Uploading a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Im trying to upload a 2MB Jpg file to this fourm for a question but when I do so it says "failed to upload file". Any suggestions? Ive tried on two different computers.

Npstewart

Nevermind, I shrank the file to 350KB and now it worked..

Anyway, for the question:

Can anyone point me to the area where this would be illegal (see picture)

This is a receptacle powering a residential jacuzzi in a bathroom. Its not secured to the steel stud in the wall, just laying on the floor. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00703.jpg
    DSC00703.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
There is no reason a box cannot be mounted to the vertical framing of the tub surround. Or even mounted to the floor. That is just poor workmanship

Npstewart

The receptacle is protected via a GFI breaker in the panel.

I was helping out with some inspections yesterday. There is 36 units that have a hot tub with a receptacle that looks just like this.

Thanks guys!

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The 2011 has clarified where the box must be installed.

Just went to a code update class where one electrician commented that they always float the box for easy access later. Guess that the inspectors never stick their head in there after the tub is installed.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
The 2011 has clarified where the box must be installed.

Just went to a code update class where one electrician commented that they always float the box for easy access later. Guess that the inspectors never stick their head in there after the tub is installed.

I've heard of inspectors failing it for being installed properly too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.