UPS Current

Status
Not open for further replies.

adavey

An existing UPS has a unit mounted LCD screeen with current reading option options. I recently utilized the amperage usage (A phase) from the LCD monitoring screen the and noted a INPUT current of 171A and an OUTPUT current of 205A. Does this seem correct ???????? I checked it twice on the LCD monitoring screen.

adavey

I probably should know but I don't know what you mean by double conversion and line reactive UPS's ????????? Good idea about checking the voltage. It threw me off because the PF is 0.9. I was thinking less not more.

dereckbc

Staff member
adavey said:
I probably should know but I don't know what you mean by double conversion and line reactive UPS's ????????? Good idea about checking the voltage. It threw me off because the PF is 0.9. I was thinking less not more.
Dual Conversion means the incoming AC line is converted to DC by the rectifiers, fed to the to the batteries to keep them fuly charged, and then converted to AC via inverters to supply the load 100% of the time These are the best UPS around.

Line Interactive means the inverter interacts with the incoming AC line to either buck, boost, or replace the incoming AC line to supply the load as needed to maintain voltage control.

The 3rd type is the garbage they sell at box stores called Stand-By UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.