URD mobile home feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

gserve

Can someone point me to what code article covers that URD 2224 cable cannot terminate in the panel of a mobile home and must terminate outside the mobile home panel

william runkle

Re: URD mobile home feeder

I been around to some other forums and gserve has asked this question and SER protection both about mobile homes or modular homes and I believe these two post is about the same job he got dinged twice and trying to find a way to feed this unit without 550.33 of 2002 NEC

gserve

Just for info the URD question was based on the fact that URD has been an accepted wiring method for mobile home feeders in my area for over 30 years around here. Now a new inspector has brought up the issue about the insulation not being acceptable for interior use and I just wanted to see the code reference. The SER question was based on an installation under a mobile home I had seen and was accepted by an inspector and because I have been doing mobile home feeders for years I did not think it was code compliant and asked the inspector and he is the one that told me it didn't need protection and could be used. So if all you want to do is poke fun please keep your remarks and don't post to this or any forum. Thanks

jwelectric

Originally posted by william runkle:
I been around to some other forums and gserve has asked this question and SER protection both about mobile homes or modular homes and I believe these two post is about the same job he got dinged twice and trying to find a way to feed this unit without 550.33 of 2002 NEC
He is a pretty good old fellow. He is just trying to get info to help his cause. Here is a statement he made somewhere else that will show that he is only seeking help.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hold a masters license and do only residential /service work.I am employed by a mobile home park as there electrician installing all the electrical services and feeders in the park and all related utility conduits and working on there new homes.Also do all sewer pumps and control panels and all repair work witch includes CATV and telephone work etc. I did look up the code references you gave. I guess I will use the code book more
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we all have needed help at some point in our careers so let?s be nice and help our fellow man.

:)

william runkle

I agree this forum is to help any questions to the electrical field but he should have posted the question correctly. Since this subject came up it would help all the wiremen in New Orleans with reconstruction as I am sure there will be many modular homes put up down there and this can all be a briefing on the wiring of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.