UREF outlets required

Puysparky

Occupation
Electrician
Currently a design of a new assisted living facility in the (State of Washington) indicate the request for one UREF outlet in each resident's bedroom what is it? Does it mean isolated ground outlet for special diagnostic equipment?
Tom McMullen McMullen Electric

marmathsen

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
According to www.arresterworks.com

Reference Voltage (Vref) (Uref)

IEEE and IEC

The lowest peak value independent of polarity of power-frequency voltage divided by the square root of 2, required to produce a resistive component of current equal to the reference current of the arrester or arrester element. The reference voltage of a multi-unit arrester is the sum of the reference voltages of the series units. The voltage level shall be specified by the manufacturer.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
That sounds like it's talking about a surge arrester of some type...
As Puysparky asks, are they trying to protect medical equipment from damage during a storm??
Does a whole-house arrester qualify?
I use Zero-Surge brand surge protectors for my electronics; they've worked for at least 10 years (or I haven't had a surge to arrest). They have NO MOVs, so a small surge doesn't nibble away at the protection... would plug-in protectors be acceptable??

Puysparky

Occupation
Electrician
Yes it is likely for the component protection of unspecified medical equipment. Thanks to you I have Found the solution budget for this bid request.
Much appreciated for your effort! Tom