use of uf cable

dhsvcs

Occupation
electrician
I have a job needing to properly feed/refeed 20 amp appliance and other kitchen circuits. I was thinking of using #12 thhn in pvc to a junction box and on to the counter / wall receptacles ( including microwave ) from the crawlspace through the slab and wall to the new locations. It would be hard to protect the uf cable with a covering, so I was thinking of running it bare to the new receptacles. Once installed, it should not suffer any more abrasion. Would this meet current code requirements as this job will be permitted...
Thanx, Tom

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Cables can be fished into place, and exposed in some places.

If it's dry, you can do the same thing with regular NM cable.

dhsvcs

Occupation
electrician
I was worried about rodents in florida,,,Maybe I will place smurf over the uf cable to the entry point of slab as a sleeve for physical protection..
Just wondering ...as in the past, inspectors wanted a wrap of duct tape around romex to protect from abrasion...

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
UF is tougher than romex I've never seen rodent damage on it but have seen shovel damage on it. If you're worried just use MC before going to pipe and wire it'll be way easier since you already would need 4 squares for the pipe and wire way.