Utility Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirza Rab

Can a sanitary pipe be installed over an electrical concrete encased service entrance ductbank under an electrical room floor?
Mirza Rab

Bigrig

I personally prefer and try to design that any sanitary/storm be OVER the electrical ducts instead of UNDER. That way in 15 or 20 years when they need to dig the sanitary out the electrical is not disturbed (I hope).

lakee911

I personally prefer and try to design that any sanitary/storm be OVER the electrical ducts instead of UNDER. That way in 15 or 20 years when they need to dig the sanitary out the electrical is not disturbed (I hope).

Good idea, but unfortunately that means you usually have to go under them with your ducts. Plumbers don't take a likening to having to go up and over in a gravity line. :) Probably comes down to either not thinking or cost as to why it doesn't get done like that.

Bigrig

I generally either specifically note on the drawings the increased depth or provide a section. I try to plan "worse case" when it comes to future maintenance requirements (equipment replacement/etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.