VA Master Electricians Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone recently taken the VA master electrician test? If so, can you offer any insight as in what I can expect for its degree of difficulty and what I should consider brushing up on?

I have taken two out of state tests within the past six months, one for NC which didn't go so well and one for OH which I did well with. I can definitely say that the NC test (unlimited) was more difficult than the Ohio test. I didn't buy any study materails for either one, just relied on my ability to navigate the code book, wise or not, the jury's still out on that. So far, I'm batting .500.

I'm hoping to take the VA test sometime in mid to late March, so any replies before then would be appriciated.

DAWGS

I took it six years ago, past first time and thought it wasnt to difficult, but I had studdied and brushed up on code a for a few weeks beforehand. My foreman took the test and failed first time and past second time, and he is a pretty bright person. I can tell you test is 50 questions and all multiple choice at 2pts each. You can bring in any books you want as long as they are not wrote in.

Dilligaf

Dilligaf

Va. test 30 or so years ago not bad. N.C. much harder. just remember 2 pts. per question, don't spend too much time on long problems they only count 2 pts. go through whole test answer all you can and then go back.hope this helps.:

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
VA Exam

VA Exam

I took both the journeyman and the master Virginia exams exactly one year ago. To pass the test you need to be able to quickly find the answers in the code book. There are a few calculation questions but even if you miss each one you would probably still pass. The hardest part for me were the questions based on Chapter 7. I find it difficult to quickly find answers in that chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.