Va Masters License

Status
Not open for further replies.

foqnc

I knew there is was a reason I have been frequenting these boards for a couple of years, and today I got my answer.

Little history, I will try not to get too long.

I served an Electrical Apprenticeship in Industry (in the UK) back in 1986 and qualified in 1990. In 1995 I moved over here where my current employer sponsored me. To get my work visa, my college degrees from the UK equaled 3 years over here, and to make up the extra year they said was equivalent to 3 years work experience. So on paper I have a degree over here. Now I mainly work on PLC's, Inverters and general control circuits, design and troubleshooting.

With that said, my Boss came in today and mentioned about me getting my Masters License, we're this came from I do not know. I am thinking he is getting ready to retire, and if I understand correctly my company needs someone who has a Masters License to operate under?

That also being said, I am needing help in researching what I need to do.
I have been on the http://www.dpor.virginia.gov site, and can only find a professional license. I have an email sent to them awaiting a reply, but just wanted to post here to see if anyone has any input.

Thank you

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I knew there is was a reason I have been frequenting these boards for a couple of years, and today I got my answer.

Little history, I will try not to get too long.

I served an Electrical Apprenticeship in Industry (in the UK) back in 1986 and qualified in 1990. In 1995 I moved over here where my current employer sponsored me. To get my work visa, my college degrees from the UK equaled 3 years over here, and to make up the extra year they said was equivalent to 3 years work experience. So on paper I have a degree over here. Now I mainly work on PLC's, Inverters and general control circuits, design and troubleshooting.

With that said, my Boss came in today and mentioned about me getting my Masters License, we're this came from I do not know. I am thinking he is getting ready to retire, and if I understand correctly my company needs someone who has a Masters License to operate under?

That also being said, I am needing help in researching what I need to do.
I have been on the http://www.dpor.virginia.gov site, and can only find a professional license. I have an email sent to them awaiting a reply, but just wanted to post here to see if anyone has any input.

Thank you

http://www.contractor-licensing.com/virginia/electrical-license.html

Try this, it may help you.

ote

The dpor website is the correct one to use. They deal with all professional license regulations in the state except for medical licensing I beleive. They should be a phone number posted to call for more info, but in the past you had to sumit verification of experience to qualify to take the Masters examination. The dpor doesn't administer the tests themselves, it is done througha company called PSI which has testing sites throughout the state of VA. If you research the dpor site about licensing, it should give you all the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.