Ventilated fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
We replaced these 6 lamp T5 HO fixtures with new fixtures. Seems just like only yesterday that these were the top of the line. Four fixtures were replaced with 18 - 200 watt LED. Building use changed from machine storage to equipment maintenance.

These were stuffed full with alfalfa stems, grass, straw and droppings. The only openings were the vents on the top. Nasty job taking those down. Glad I had a mask.

Attachments

• vented fixture.jpg
    vented fixture.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 24

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
We replaced these 6 lamp T5 HO fixtures with new fixtures. Seems just like only yesterday that these were the top of the line. Four fixtures were replaced with 18 - 200 watt LED. Building use changed from machine storage to equipment maintenance.

These were stuffed full with alfalfa stems, grass, straw and droppings. The only openings were the vents on the top. Nasty job taking those down. Glad I had a mask.
I ran a fire alarm upgrade at the YMCA in Paterson, NJ. We were changing the smokes from conventional to addressable. The techs quickly learned that you had to reach out from the side to disconnect the detector from the base so the cockroaches wouldn't fall on your head. Along with all the detritus they left behind. They also wore masks, long-sleeved shirts, and gloves. The techs, that is. Not the cockroaches.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Thanks for reminding me to restock my knockout seal supply. You know you're going to have a good day when you remove a panel cover and it's one-third full of fiberglass insulation. And other stuff that rhymes with "third".

Status
Not open for further replies.