Vertical conduit runs on a Hospital roof

30yroldtimer

New User
Occupation
Electrical Superintendent
Hoping to get some help here. We are installing 1-1/2" conduit on roof blocks on a hospital roof. We had to cross a pathway (grip paper over pebble type roof) that lead from a roof hatch to a elevator room, penthouse entryway. The IOR passed our rough installation inspection but the FLSO recommended that we move our conduit from across the pathway. We moved the conduit but requires additional work to the scope. We are giving the GC a CO for the additional work. The GC is fighting the CO because they are saying we did not follow the NEC. Firstly, I do not agree with the GC because they referenced the NEC when we build using the CEC for healthcare facilities. Second, I've looked through both the NEC, CEC, and the CBC and cannot find anything that says I cannot run conduit over a pathway. This is a hospital with multiple A/C units, EF, and other mechanical equipment with multiple types of conduits running all over. I did find a code section in the CA residential code R324.6.1 "Pathways shall be located in areas with minimal obstructions such as vent pipes, conduit, or mechanical equipment." "Minimal" it says, not "No". Is there a code that I am not finding? Please help.