VFD Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduffee260

If we are going to install variable speed drive cable in conduit does it apply to the 40% fill range of the 53% fill range for one cable? The cable we are installing is 4/3 type VFD cable. We are looking at the shielded cable but it comes as a TC cable. Do they make single stranded conductors without the outer sheathing for VFD drive motors? I have looked and all I see is the tray type cable. Any input would be great. Thanks guys !!

mdshunk

dduffee260 said:
If we are going to install variable speed drive cable in conduit does it apply to the 40% fill range of the 53% fill range for one cable?
If it's just one cable, it counts a one and the fill is 53%.

I've pulled individual conductors for drives before, but only if the documentation said I could. I think Danfoss is one brand that comes to mind right off the bat.

mdshunk

cadpoint said:
Helukabel has various control cables also.
They make some really good cheese too.
heluva.jpg

dduffee260

Mark, do they make the vfd cable without the outer pvc jacket? What we are trying to do is pull a #4 cable in a 1 1/4" conduit and a # 6 cable in a 1" conduit. If it will not go then I will have to run larger conduit for the cable. It looks like I will have to run a 1 1/2" and a 1 1/4" conduit for the cable to meet Table 9 numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.