VFD overtemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyoligist2

I had a problem with a Cutler-Hammer 9000 VFD yesterday. It was showing an overtemp on the VFD and it was powered down before I turned it back on so it couldn't be 200C that quick. I called Cutler-Hammer and they said that they had a redundant backup that was giving problems. They said to just remove the Ice Cube relay (and throw it away) on the upper left of the VFD and it would solve the problem and the other overtemp would take care of it. It solved it, so maybe if anyone else runs into this it will save you the headache I went thru.

charlie tuna

i think cutler hammer drives are made by yaskowa(sp). years ago i had problems with three drives on a job. after many hours on the phone with their engineers, they had me adjusting "design limits" in the drive's program via the keyboard to get them "on line". this was in areas that the service manual didn't go! at that time i made the move to bypass all three drives, remove them and send them back. i ended up with toshiba drives. i didn't want my customer tied to a product that i myself couldn't understand. while the drive's programs are getting more user friendly they still have a ways to go!! and we've always had trouble with the customer adjusting perameters within the drive's program trying to correct something and of course making the problem worse!!! we maintained a log in our office with the original program setup of each drive installed so that we could refer to it on service calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.