VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwelectric

I am starting an eight week continuing education course in motor controls. The text book is about push button relays. The text covers start stop and jog buttons and reverse relays. It has a chapter on ice cube timers and one on pressure and temperature switches.

These classes are two and a half hours a night two nights a week for a total of forty hours. At the request of the students I would like to take a couple of nights to hit on VFDs drives. I don?t want to add an expense to these students of having to buy another book.

I am looking for some material that could be covered in a couple of classes that doesn?t go into a lot of depth and could possible be down loaded from the internet. I have found some that goes into a lot of detail and would take some time to cover.

Any help you could be would be greatly appreciated. Class starts first of July.

Thanks
Mike

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: VFD

Try contacting a VFD manufacturer. I'm sure they would be glad to get the advertising value from any materials they send you.

mdshunk

Danfoss came to one of my former jobs and put on a whole big lunch and learn thing for us. We never bought a nickel's worth of Danfoss drives either, but the presentation and the material was super.

jwelectric

Try this link

http://www.namc.danfoss.com/namcu/vfd101.html

This is from the Danfoss site. It looks pretty cool. I searched ABB University, and I couldn't find anything that they weren't trying to charge you for.

Does anybody have another good link that just teaches the very basics on how a drive works?
I'm in the same boat as jw, I want to give a little extra info to my class. I don't care if it's trying to sell you a particular brand(I'm sure most will), I just have trouble explaining the basic internal workings... and maybe I could use a little "enlightenment " myself ;)

Thanks STEVE P.

FYI,

Lesson #3 on the above linky has a very good tutorial , and might be just what we're looking for.

Good Luck!!

jwelectric

Thank you all for your help. I should have known to go to a manufacture for information but I was constipated in the head.

I have down loaded some information from a couple of sites and built a thirty page hand out for them.

Again thanks

Mike
:)

edited to add:
I will be sure to wear a tie the first night.
:D

[ July 01, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: jwelectric ]

Status
Not open for further replies.