Vision Info Soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I did a demo with vision info soft and seems like a good program. Can i get some reviews from people who have used it.

dhamman

I have used Vision for 10 years approx ever since they have been around. I am 95% Residential. Like any program I had to tailor and create assemblys to meet my needs. They offer great support , like anyone else you must keep current on the support plan (pay). I really like the Epic price system when doing commercial and misc estimates.(addl cost) They were always able to satisfy my needs even if it involved a work around. I would not hesitate to reccomend them from my experience.

fridaymean

I am a full time user of this program. I do not like it and we, as a company are looking to move to something else.

It freezes, it has errors, it is slow, it looses data, it is not as refined a product as some of the other players out there. The scroll arrows on their scroll boxes do not scroll they either move completely to the top or bottom of the report/etc.

macmikeman

I am a full time user of this program. I do not like it and we, as a company are looking to move to something else.

It freezes, it has errors, it is slow, it looses data, it is not as refined a product as some of the other players out there. The scroll arrows on their scroll boxes do not scroll they either move completely to the top or bottom of the report/etc.

I will start off by stating I have zero familiarity with the actual product, but do have some database programming experience. My question: Are you running an older version of the product on new or newer pc's? Drastic changes in processor speeds is one of the issues database management systems have to contend with. Do you keep up with all updates and bug fixes? Having said that, it is also true that a bad database design will end up with lots of bugs given enough time and data changes, so you may be wise to be looking at moving on.

laketime

How big is your company? What kind of projects and dollar value range do you go after? What product are you looking into?

teco

I'm using it, and I like it . I've had no problems with the programs operation so far. I do not do any residential work, so I can't speak for the residential program. What I can say is its a good program for the money. Other programs I looked at cost lots more. Epic is also a big help. Target pricing is pretty close. Like all programs, you must adjust it to meet your needs. No programs I've seen are one size fits all.

Status
Not open for further replies.