Voltage Drop and AC

eds

Up coming possability. 200 service 550' ft from meter, using 125 amps in the voltage drop calculations. Lets assume a fla of 25 amps for the ac. Do i need to increase the amps in my calculations to account for inrush of the AC. House service calculations call for a 100 amp service.

eds

Using 125 amps because the house is far into the future, and i know that the house will not use the full 200 amps. Actually i would bet if i did service calcs on the future house they would fall into the 100 to 125 amp range. Ag building goes up first, 600' ft from building to future house. 3% V>D> for 600' at 125 amps gives me a 750 kcmil according to southwire calculator. Running differant scenerios for the project, one with meter on AG building, one with pedestal built in the middle of the pasture (least desirable). So back to original question. how would start up current affect vd calculation? Not at all since calculations were done at 3%. In they dont really come into play I might jump to a 5% vd calculation.

I wouldn't worry about the compressor starting. I'd likely use two sets of 4/0 or 250 AL. Coincidentally doing very similar right now: 500' to large PV system with 106A output. Using parallel 250 AL phases with a single 1/0 neutral all in 4" SDR-35 pipe for physical protection. 250 AL is a buck a foot right now FYI.