Voltage On Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighoss

Do to lack of age, wisdom, and knowledge. We are in the trim out stage of a apartment building. My apprentice that is installing the receptacles swears that he is getting shocked on the ground. The first thing that popped in my head is loose neutral. After going through the panels and the main we are unable to find a loose connection. Still having same issues. Next thought is bonding jumper. What is y-alls thoughts?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Do to lack of age, wisdom, and knowledge. We are in the trim out stage of a apartment building. My apprentice that is installing the receptacles swears that he is getting shocked on the ground. The first thing that popped in my head is loose neutral. After going through the panels and the main we are unable to find a loose connection. Still having same issues. Next thought is bonding jumper. What is y-alls thoughts?

hm. when he says this is happening, i'd get a decent
voltmeter, and measure between that wire, and where
he's standing, sitting, touching, etc.

there has to be a difference of potential somewhere.

JFletcher

Welcome to the forum. A single 'zap' is static electricity discharge, anything more sustained is an electrical problem. Figure out which you have then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.