Wadsworth Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have personally had alot of bad experiences with Wadsworth breakers in the last 20 plus years. The biggest problem is that under overload or short circuit conditions the breakers do not open. I even sawed thru a conduit one time and never tripped a breaker...it did a number on my saw blade. Several of my co-workers over the years have had simular experiences. My question is, has any one else had simular problems? and is there any information out there I can find about the poor performance of these breakers? We are very familiar with the federal pacific breakers and there is much information on the web that we can show to our customers to encourage our customers to change them out but I can't find the simular support for the Wadsworth braekers.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
My personal experience, too, is that Wadsworth breakers have a response curve of current vs. time that lets through more current for a longer time.

The amount of energy in the fault, in my opinion, is MUCH greater, than, say, the equivalent SqD QO breaker.

This is just my opinion of what I've experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.