Wago's anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchy

Has anyone ever used Wago lever nuts to make terminations on Enphase systems? We currently use Polaris lugs and I want to make the connections as idiot proof as possible. I have a wall of shame in my office full of burned up Polaris lugs because the installers didn't tighten them properly. When we can we use DIN rail and spring loaded terminal blocks for the same reasons. Looking for thoughts and past experiences.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Idiots are ingenious and will find a way to screw things up no matter what you do.

I think the lever nuts only go to #10 wire. From what I can tell they work pretty well.

I have never even seen Polaris connectors that small. I will say that kind of connector seems sensitive to tightening torque. I have had a couple of the housings on panduit connectors of the same style break when the plastic lugs were screwed down too tight to a panel to secure them in place.

SSDriver

Occupation
Electrician
I use them (WAGO 221 series) on motors for anything that takes #10 and smaller up to 480v. No issues at all. They can handle some serious amperage.

For UL they are rated for 30A up to 600v
For IEC they are rated to 41A up to 450v

Per this guys test they handle way more than 41a

Status
Not open for further replies.