wall cove light recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

magictolight.com

I need a 120 volt lighting product that I can install in a wall cut out. This cove is the depth of a 3.5" wall plus rock, 4" total depth to finished wall, 18" wide, 26" tall. We want to put some type of accent fixture in this cove, but of course the Junk at the box store is not rated for inside a wall. We need to recess the light in the top of the cove in an effort to make the fixture disappear. And of course the top of this cove is a half moon in shape (round) and the bottom of the cove is a shelf for a vase. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Replace the bottom panel of the cove with milk (translucent) plexiglass with a 12" fluorescent strip or a compact fluorescent or two in the space below.

Added: For lighting from above, the only thing I can think of is the smallest remodel recessed light you can find.

Last edited:

mcclary's electrical

I like Larry's idea. But I've also installed LED rope lighting. It's kinda pricey and you gotta buy the power supply, but, you could set it up in the crawl space,,,,then enter the back left corner of the cove. Run it up the left side, over the arch, and back down the right side and into the crawl. These lights are bright and it would be a nice effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.