want to confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB3

Wired a single family dwelling with detached garage. I had stubbed into the wall (before slab poured) 1 1/4" PVC schedule 40 to feed the garage panel. Garage panel was to feed simple garage load & water well. The owner added 30 amp 120 volt RV receptacle, 120 volt (probably) circuit for air compressor.
Same well people ran #10/2 w/g UF for well next door, put it on a 60 amp breaker feeding panel at the well, which they put a 2 pole 30 for well, 2 pole 30 for large capacity holding tank with aerator, and 1 pole 20 for duplex receptacle for water softener.
Due to the unexpected added load on the garage panel, I now am thinking of running 90 amp feed to garage panel. This would be with 2 #2 XHHW Al. 1 #4 XHHW Al. and 1 #6 THWN Cu. Conduit has 4 90s in it.
According to my calculations this should be permissible. Not an easy pull, but permissible? :?
Your opinion.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Due to the unexpected added load on the garage panel, I now am thinking of running 90 amp feed to garage panel. This would be with 2 #2 XHHW Al. 1 #4 XHHW Al. and 1 #6 THWN Cu. Conduit has 4 90s in it.
According to my calculations this should be permissible. Not an easy pull, but permissible? :?
Your opinion.
That will not be a hard pull at all. You can buy 2/2/4/6 mobile home feeder instead of individual conductors and it will be even easier because the conductors are twisted together.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
According to table C.10 you can put 5 #2 XHHW in a 1-1/4" so your configuration which is less conductors and two are smaller will definitely work.

Status
Not open for further replies.